Tips in the event of an Auto Accident
- Stop immediately, but do not block traffic.
- Get help for the injured. Have somebody call police (repeat after 5 minutes).
- Obtain names, phone numbers, addresses of drivers, witnesses and injured.
- Secure make, model, license numbers of all cars involved.
- Draw a sketch showing location of vehicles and other details.
- Don't accept claim settlement at the scene of the accident. Do not admit fault for the accident.
- Stay calm, polite and consistent while stating your version of the accident.
- Contact your insurance carrier as soon as possible.